Shawbury Village Players have a wide selection of costumes, available from the shows we have performed over the years, which we will normally happily loan for a fixed donation. Currently this is not possible due to Covid 19 but we hope to have this facility available again later in 2021.
We have a wide range of costumes, which also have matching accessories such as gloves, hats, bags, shoes, wigs etc. to complete the outfits. To give you an idea of our range these include in no particular order:
- Medieval and Tudor
- Roman and Greek
- Clerical and choir
- Dames of various styles
- 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s, 70’s
- Animal costumes
- Indians and Cowboys
- Pirates and Sailors
- Military from various periods including Navy, RAF and Army
- Children’s – oriental, Fairies, military, Munch kins, Ragamuffins, period costumes and many more
- Oriental or Asian
- Evening wear of various periods
- Fairytale characters
- Wizards, Witches
- Kings and Queens
- Country Villagers
- Nightwear and Undergarments (petticoats, slips etc)
- Uniforms – Nurse, Doctor, Dentist etc
- Service uniforms from various periods (maids, butlers, waitresses, bellboys etc)
The list is endless and we like to see these beautiful costumes come out of the closets once in a while.
Please use our contact form and your needs can be discussed and a suitable outfit or part of an outfit can hopefully be found for your event, although there may not be all sizes for all the types of costumes we will always try our best.
Below is a gallery of a few selected items for you to gain an understanding of the range we have. Various outfits can also be seen in the photos from past productions.